theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:34:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What Cell Phone Do You Have?  (Read 1618 times)
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »

Because I'm a geek.
Just for the record, please include a picture (from Google is fine) and the name of your phone.
If you'd like to get more detailed than that, feel free.

My current phone is the Palm Pre (on Sprint). It's getting replaced on/close to November 9th with something new and better. butt rock
I used to have all kinds of software mods to it but then flashed it with stock firmware so it ran smoother. The only difference from stock at the moment is the soft-touch Touchstone compatible backing so I can use Palm's inductive charger (which is way cool). I like it considerably better than the glossy back in the picture below.

(Actual photo coming... eventually)

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »

I have a Samsung A727 with ATT, I've had it for 3 years now. My contract is up and I am looking to get a new phone... although all the new ones out are either 1) smartphones or 2) crappy flip phones.
I don't want a blackberry or any other smartphone out there, I just want a normal phone.

Mac
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »

Are you looking to stay on AT&T or does it matter?

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »

doesn't really matter. I don't talk on the phone too much, I have never gone over 300 minutes per month. I just need texting, so an unlimited (or over 500 texts/month) would be great. I have been looking into Virgin mobile.
Good news: $25 a month, 300 minutes and unlimited texting and interwebz
bad news: poor coverage? Not many choices for stores nearby for help or if something breaks, and high cost for new phone.

I have been looking at AT&T, T-mobile, Cricket, and Virgin mobile, but at this point, it is still up in the air.

Mac
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »

Virgin runs on Sprint's network, so check with any of your friends who have Sprint. I have them and (obviously) know nothing about Arizona, but find that as long as I'm in a decently populated area, I get fine service, and all the interstates I've been have good coverage.

As for Virgin phones, those are hit or miss, but I do believe they have some with keyboards. And If you'd get unlimited net access, why not just grab a Virgin smartphone?

You can get either the Samsung Intercept (here) or Blackberry Curve (here) for the (admittedly steep) price of $250.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:07:42 PM by Sting Ray » Logged

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 08:27:26 PM »

iphone4

iphone 3gs

htc hd2

The 3gs i use on weekdays while I'm at work because it is beat to hell.
HTC is being sold this weekend, thinking of picking up the new droid.
All phone are unlocked.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »

You have 3 phones?

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »

Blackberry Curve 8520, got it for free. I have Att, considering my husband puts up/works on most the towers in my area, I have great coverage never had any problems. Ive had Att since I was 15.  

Before I had a BB Pearl, before that I had a BB Curve. Im in love with these phones. And I get them for free. Cant beat that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:35:00 PM by mrs-michelle » Logged

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »

You have 3 phones?
yes

Ive had Att since I was 15.  

only 1 year      keeding

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »

Just out of curiosity what's the rationale behind having three? My thinking would be business, personal, and then one to mess around with?

Not trying to pry just curious.

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

only 1 year      keeding

RBNM - (from the husband) Verizon, Att, are the best. But it depends on your area...

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »

Just out of curiosity what's the rationale behind having three? My thinking would be business, personal, and then one to mess around with?

Not trying to pry just curious.
the 4g i just got, the 3gs i've had forever and is basically a turd, the htc i bought to replace my turd 3gs, but i can't get used to the operating system, so it's for sale and i went and bought the 4g.

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »

yeah but Verizon is way too expensive. (same with Sprint).

-Virgin mobile sits well... except for the steep price of a new phone ($250).
-T-mobile looks alright, good pricing, but I don't like any of their phones.
-AT&T love their coverage, but plans get expensive, and unlimited texting tacks on an extra $20 a month, on top of your normal plan.
-Cricket coverage sucks, especially in my area.
-I also checked out Straight talk, good pricing and plans, but once again, their phones are way too expensive.

I'm not in a rush to get a new phone, but I will need one in the future.

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »

first android phone ever

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile