theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:42:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: another bike paint job  (Read 2062 times)
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:09:01 AM »

I could not stand the orange paint on my bike....A lot of people liked it, but that bright of a color just wasn't me.....so I stripped it and tried again...it is now dark sapphire blue candy, with a blue pearl, and PPG prismatique flakes added to the paint and the clearcoat
The pics do not do the bike justice. I laid the clowns on the tank, then shot around them with a black wrinkle finish. the color went on over that. it gave it a 3D effect of the clowns coming out of the paint......I just wish I could capture it in the pics. The paint has so much pearl in it, if I shoot from different angles, it changes colors and creates a glare

and I did not realize until after uploading the pics, but I think FFD is sneaking around in the background...it kind of looks like he is trying to hide behind the grape vines ....and YES...that is a real 43 flat fender

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:14:42 AM by heretic » Logged

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

Looks cool. Very well done.

Clowns are scary though...

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »

that one is meant to look evil......sweet, little kid's clowns are not so cool on a custom harley

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

Good point.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »

Clowns of any origin are scary. Steven Spielberg managed to take an innocent little stuffed clown and turn it into a monster in Poltergeist.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:18:10 PM »

Clowns of any origin are scary. Steven Spielberg managed to take an innocent little stuffed clown and turn it into a monster in Poltergeist.

Good example....I was actually thinking of the Pennywise character by Richard Bachman. but your example does bring about the appropriate response

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »

Pennywise was just plain scary without all the innocense. He had the teeth, claws, and that voice. Ooh, just gives me chills just thinking about it.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 03:34:27 AM »

the difference in generations is really showing through....
I am pretty sure Pennywise was originally created for a short story, and released by Stephen King's lesser known pseudonym, Richard Bachman.....and I was thinking of literature, not the film, so the voice was not part of my mental image....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: