theautolounge.net
January 18, 2018, 09:42:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Wrangler interior.  (Read 6869 times)
Fox
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:44:59 AM »

Looks leaps ahead in the interior department. Almost to good for an off-road vehicle, now one may be afraid to go mudding.

older model:

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »

I sat in one at jeeps 70th anniversary (my dealer had a owners party). The new interior is above and beyond anything jeep has done in the past, and is a great leap forward from the 2010 model. Not so much technologically, as aside from the new buttons on the steering wheel, all the electronics are the same. But the materials used are MUCH MUCH better. Instead of the easily scratched milk crate plastic used in the 2010 interior, they are using some very nice rubberized plastic and metallic trim like you would see in a modern chevrolet car. Still very rugged stuff, but it feels and sounds MUCH more solid, and as a result, the interior is actually quieter.

They actually put a lot of thought into this new interior, and paid attention to detail. MINOR details too, like the "JEEP 1941" inlaid on the oh shit handle, and even to the new vents. Sure, theyre round like the old ones that were stolen from the PT cruiser, but these new ones are made of a new plastic, textured, and have detents in the mechanism to hold the vent where you want it (mine is all done with friction, and feels very cheesy). Another neat-o detail, was the windscreen border. At the top above the mirror, they added the jeep "olllllllo" logo like ford does with its super duty trucks, and in the bottom corners it has little jeep silhouettes climbing over rocks and up the a pillars.

If the 2011 offered the new ~300hp pentastar, I would strongly consider turning in my 2008 lease for one. But sadly, it wont get that engine until 2012, and I would already have tuned in or bought what I have now.

EDIT: I forgot to note that they discontinued the vinyl option, but have added a leather option. The leather they use is of a very robust and high quality. Its almost like saddle leather, and had JEEP inlayed on the seat back.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:15:21 AM by Fuel Fire Desire » Logged

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »

looks really nice.. i actually liked this previous model.. i was helping tint some windows in a newer one and it was suiting-ly rigid on the interior.. with a touch of elegance.. what can you really do with these.. its a shame they becoming so domesticated in a sense though.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »

Looks nice but Im with Fabz I kinda like the older interior more cause I wouldnt want worry about ruining my nice interior in my 4x4.. Grin

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »

Looks nice but Im with Fabz I kinda like the older interior more cause I wouldnt want worry about ruining my nice interior in my 4x4.. Grin

The new one is actually more durable. Mine is all scratched to hell, because the plastic is so cheap and so soft. Im actually considering an all steel replacement interior from Tuffy because of it. (replaces center console and glove box with steel parts). The new interior, on top of being rubberized, also uses better plastic, and thicker plastic. It may look softer, but is actually much more rugged.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: