theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:31:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piriform Software  (Read 778 times)
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »

Piriform [link] is a company that makes a few free, incredibly useful utilities for your computer. I've been using one (CCleaner) for years now, but just recently installed the other 3.

-CCleaner [link]
This program cleans up random files all over your computer, fixes registry errors, manages program uninstalls, start-up programs, and system restore points. I've been using it for some time now and love it.

-Defraggler [link]
Defraggler is a disk defragmentation tool that is far and away better than the standard utility in Windows. It gives a breakdown of how many files are fragmented, how much space the account for, and what percentage of the disk the use. Very lightweight, simple program.

-Recuva [link]
I haven't actually had to use this program yet (fortunately), but it's a useful tool that undeletes files. I'm sure this will save my ass sooner or later.

- Speccy [link]
This program is more cool than inherently useful for me, but it gives an incredibly detailed rundown of the parts in your computer, including the current temperature of your hard drive and processor core(s), as well as any information you ever wanted to know about your RAM or other gizmos that make your PC tick.

Figured I'd share these as they've become a part of my routine on the computer. Hopefully you guys find them as useful as I do.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Fox
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:46 PM »

CCleaner is a must have for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: