theautolounge.net
February 25, 2018, 09:09:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suzuki Kizashi Platinum Edition by Road Race Motorsports  (Read 3871 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

Source: AutoBlog
Road Race Motorsports has given the Suzuki Kizashi not just a boost, but a kick in the pants and elsewhere. Instead of the stock sedan's 185 horsepower, RRM turbocharged the engine up to 300 hp, adds a sports suspension and sport brakes, along with a choice of bodykits. If 300 ponies is a little more than you're after, RRM also has a 200-hp package, and the suspension offerings come in Stage 1, 2, and 3.

Our own Jeff Glucker drove it this week and wrote that "the carbon bucket seat was not built for my butt and I was half-assing (literally) in the seat. Thankfully, [the RRm Kizashi] was still easy to drive and predictably more fun than the stock model."

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »

300hp from a 4-pot is cool.

300hp through the front wheels is not.

Also, with Suzuki doing a blatant copy of VW styling, it's hard to see the appeal of a "sporting" 'zuki. No doubt it would be a neat car to have, but the marketing is just all wrong.

I'm sure I could find something to like about it if somebody gave me one for free.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »

300hp from a 4-pot is cool.

Especially from a fairly new 4-pot.

300hp through the front wheels is not.

An AutoBlog writer test drove one around a track and said it handled the power pretty well out of the corners.

Also, with Suzuki doing a blatant copy of VW styling, it's hard to see the appeal of a "sporting" 'zuki. No doubt it would be a neat car to have, but the marketing is just all wrong.

Well VW does own the majority of Suzuki nowadays. Even though the Kizashi Concept was designed well before this year, I'm sure VW doesn't care that they're stealing styling cues.

I love the new Kizashi. I believe its a giant step in the right direction along with the new Equator pick-up.

I just can't wait to see what they're going to do with the next generation Grand Vitara. The styling of the current one is really edgy and is extremely attractive, so Suzuki needs to step it up with the next generation.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

Agreed on all counts with your views on Suzuki.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »

Agreed on all counts with your views on Suzuki.

It's so funny. Years ago, when you heard names like Nissan, Toyota, and Honda, you thought reliable and fun transportation. But nowadays, all that comes with these cars is headache after headache.

Now manufacturers like Hyundai/Kia and Suzuki are making these revolutionary (to their manufacturers) cars.

The Genesis Sedan and Coupe have been getting nothing but high praise. The new Optima is the most anticipated Asian-made car right now. The Kizashi is going straight after the icons of Asian mid-size sedans.

So these companies are taking advantage of the current misfortune of the Japanese Big 3 and making good cars.

MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »

Holy crap, I saw one of these Kizashi Platinums!  Glad to hear it's got some power to back up its good looks.  I also saw this hot looking pocket rocket SX4.  I took these pics on 11 Sep 10 in Irvine.

Fox
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »

It's just a shame that Suzuki was counting on the Kizashi to boost their company sales (in the USA), but it barely made a dent. Come to think about it, I have not seen.. not 1 Kizashi on the road. Shame, it's a really exciting sedan.

..but how cool would it be to be the only Kizashi owner in your neighborhood? Grin
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

It's just a shame that Suzuki was counting on the Kizashi to boost their company sales (in the USA), but it barely made a dent. Come to think about it, I have not seen.. not 1 Kizashi on the road. Shame, it's a really exciting sedan.

..but how cool would it be to be the only Kizashi owner in your neighborhood? Grin

The sales figures have been estimated at least 300-400/m. So it's not all that bad. Plus, it hasn't even been a whole year yet since the Kizashi went on sale here. They're currently working on an ad campaign for the Kizashi, so if I were you, I'd wait to make judgement.

Fox
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »

The sales figures have been estimated at least 300-400/m. So it's not all that bad. Plus, it hasn't even been a whole year yet since the Kizashi went on sale here. They're currently working on an ad campaign for the Kizashi, so if I were you, I'd wait to make judgement.

Suzuki is in a freefall in sales (in USA) compared to last year. About 50 dealerships (to close) have accepted Suzuki's buyout offer in the past 6 months; Suzuki mailed out about 150 buyout offers.

They are not leaving America, just restructuring their budget.
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »

Suzuki is in a freefall in sales (in USA) compared to last year. About 50 dealerships (to close) have accepted Suzuki's buyout offer in the past 6 months; Suzuki mailed out about 150 buyout offers.

They are not leaving America, just restructuring their budget.

The Kizashi was built to prevent this in the future. Suzuki is hoping this, the Equator, and the US bound Swift will save the manufacturer when the full ad campaign is released.

It helps to have the 2nd largest auto maker as your owner, also. So I see Suzuki pushing forward through this and becoming a well-known name in the world.

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »

The Swift looks like a fun little car.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: