theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: JunkTrader's Junk  (Read 32576 times)
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

actually don't know what color I'm going to paint it, I was going to spray it flat black so it would be all one color and looked a little better for the time being, but then my wife bought a flat black '86 and I don't want to be acused of copying her, I might just leave it multi-colored, so looks like the wheels and tires are worth more than the truck  Grin

the more I look at it the more I think I'm going to have to move the cab and front clip, it got pushed over in the fender bender and is just a little too crooked

bowtie
Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 24, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »

ghetto style haha! ouch have fun with the front clip!

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »

as bad as I hate to pull parts back off I just put on, I guess I'll just set the front clip off when I get around to swapping the motor, our cherry picker is about too short anyway ,then I'll just loosen the cab mounts and get it sitting straight again, and when the clip goes back on it should be straight too. I wasen't even going to mess with it, but its too noticeable, and the bigger tires made it worse, the left side is fine, right side hangs in the rear of the wheel well on sharp right turns

bowtie
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »

I guess I'll revive the trading part of this thread. I decided that I wanted to try to swap the cheap chinese wheels for some that better suited my truck, I ended up swapping for some 16x10 mickey thompson classic locks and an extra set of tires, I thought that was a decent trade, the mickey thompsons cost quite a bit more than the 18" vision wheels I had

I was a little iffy on the bead locks, I thought the regular mickey thompson classics would probably suit the truck a little better, plus they rubbed the tie rods so i had to run my spacers, and after that they rubbed the fenders  pretty bad, so I put them up for traded.  I thought I really messed up, no one wanted to give anything for them, I was getting offers of stock rallies with worn tires, $100 offers etc.. I couldn't figure out why, but I suppose they have been out so long and there's so many sets out there the same style from different manufacturers, there just wasn't much demand.

I ended up buying a set of $100 33" buckshot mudders for my rallies, and swapped the mickey thompsons for a '90 suzuki RM125

I had no use for the dirtbike, so I put it for sale, and was offered a '96 mustang, so I swapped

It has the 3.8, and a 5 speed, new dual exhaust with flowmasters, about all the power options, just needs some tlc on the cosmetics
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:26:04 PM by JunkTrader » Logged

bowtie
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

Welcome back !  I see you've been busy.  Sounds like you are doing well .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2014, 02:34:57 AM »

You had a dry spell but once you get goin, you really get goin! Honestly i like the steelie rims and mudders on there a lot better thn the micky's. Gives it a better older look. Good luck with the mustang!

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »

I might be swapping for a '99 accord coupe tomorrow, the known transmission issues on those cars worry me, but as far as resell it shouldn't be a problem with the "its a japanese car, it'll run forever" mentality most people have. Its not quite as rough as the mustang, all it needs is a $80 ebay bumper cover, little bit of paint, and a matching set of wheels, i think it could be a $2500 car. I think it will be a good step towards what i want, I'm really looking for a '01 up denali, but I'd settle for a '00 up regular yukon or tahoe in about any condition, I might get there eventually

bowtie
Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2014, 02:34:13 AM »

yeah, sounds like things are going your way. The accord sounds like a good plan, you should  get a decent amount out of it.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »

the accord deal fell through, but I think I found a buyer for the mustang anyway. I should hear something in a day or two

bowtie
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: