theautolounge.net
January 23, 2018, 05:18:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infiniti IPL G Coupe  (Read 1153 times)
Fox
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

Infiniti is now marketing a performance sub-brand like BMW's M and Mercedes' AMG division. Designated IPL, or Infiniti Performance Line.

The first in the line up is the IPL G Coupe. The exterior has been modified with an aggressive lip spoiler, skirts, and wheels. Its a very simple change and nothing extreme like a whole engineered M division.

Under the hood is the 3.7-liter VVEL engine that gains an extra 18HP (348HP) and 6LBFT of torque, thanks to a freer dual-exhaust system and revised ECU. The suspension gets stiffer springs (20% / 10% stifer front / rear) and returned dampers; aluminum calipers.

Hardly as extreme as M or AMG. In fact, one could easily get aftermarket tuning at the same level, and yet be much more unique.
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »

I don't think they're trying to compete with the M Division, AMG, and Audi RS. IPL just sounds like NISMO under another name. So yeah, if they were going after those 3, they would of tried harder. This is more for the 335is and S5.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:15:39 AM »

I don't like G's but this one is clean. I like it.

I wouldn't pay more than $5k over the regular one though.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

Interesting. I'll probably see one of these sometime soon. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: