theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:20:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I missed all the good gun shows  (Read 773 times)
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

A few weeks ago all the freeway digital traffic signs in houston/sugar land were telling about gun shows at this and that convention center.

Flash forward to now and they're telling me that some old guy in a buick is missing and that it will take me 10 minutes to get to hillcroft exit.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GUN SHOWS? Every gun show finding website says there is no gun show in houston/sugar land or in a 100 mile radius this or next month.

Anyone know any upcoming events?
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »

Just wondering, but why do you want to go to a show so bad?
The prices are usually the same, ATF is everywhere, ammo prices are nothing special, and parking is $20

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »

I thought i could find more variety there and prices, but i guess they may be the same. I'll check out some stores then 
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »

Gun shows (with the exception of a few) suck. They charge you for parking, they charge you for entry, and all of the venders have the same junky crap with the same inflated prices. This is what you will find at any particular show:

5 tables of $200 Mosin Nagants
3 tables of $500 Romanian AK's
10 tables of $300 Yugo SKS's
(all dinged up and slathered in cosmoline)
1 table of $1500 HK and FNH guns
1 table of high end AR's
3 tables of $1200 low end AR's
1 table of nazi crap
over priced surplus gear, ammo, tactical gear, and crappy shotguns everywhere

There was a time when gun shows were THE place for cheap ammo and cheap surplus gear/ guns. But that time is gone now. All of the venders think they have pure gold, and know panicked government fearing gun owners are willing to pay the price.

There is only a few things I go to gun shows anymore for. MRE's, and unique surplus gear. I was damn close to buying a shoulder fired  missile case the last show I went to. It was metal reinforced composite with heavy duty latches and an automatic air pressure equalizer/ desiccant. It was close to becoming a locking trunk for my jeep. I regret not buying it......but the guy wanted like $70, and he had 20.

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »

I called a gun store once. He didn't have a website, or his website was really crappy, so i asked if he had any mosin nagants. He said "yeah, $400". I was like "what? I thought they'd be waaaay cheaper than that" and he was like "nope, you can't find any cheaper than this".

Then when he found out i didn't want his overpriced communist garbage, he obtained a bad attitude. So did the rest of the gun shops i called. That's my grudge against gun shops, is that one bad shop makes all the other ones look bad.

FFD, did you buy your WASR from a private sale or a gun shop?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:08:07 PM by Jakashh » Logged
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »

FFD, did you buy your WASR from a private sale or a gun shop?

The $400 mosin guy was most likely just trying to rip an inexperienced kid (you) off.

The WASR was bought privately. It was from a military guy who builds these as a hobby. My local sporting goods store carries them for $350-$450 depending on what the current sales flier says, and whether or not they have double or single stacks in stock that week. Though, mine has another $100 or so into it compared to those.

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

The $400 mosin guy was most likely just trying to rip an inexperienced kid (you) off.

The WASR was bought privately. It was from a military guy who builds these as a hobby. My local sporting goods store carries them for $350-$450 depending on what the current sales flier says, and whether or not they have double or single stacks in stock that week. Though, mine has another $100 or so into it compared to those.

i havent seen any AK type guns at any sporting goods stores, but i'll look around.
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »

Dunhams carries WASR-10's, GSG-5's, AR15's, CETME's, Mosin Nagants, and a host of other battle type rifles all the time. Usually at decent prices (when on sale).

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »

The closest dunhams is 731 miles away. Road trip! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: