theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Caption this photo  (Read 6015 times)
cousingrandpa

Plumber, Cars & Guitars

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »

I saw my cat looking at a chipmunk this morning & had to take some pictures. I though it would be fun to see what you guys come up with for a caption, have fun.

Scooby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »

chipmunk: "mmmmm, nuts....."
Cat: "mmmmm, surprise buttseks...."
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »

In Darth Vader voice. "I have you now.." or from the Simpsons Mr. Burns "Excellent"

PRDATR_Z
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »

I sure hope that fuckin chipmunk doesn't eat me...

2001 Camaro Z28, A4, LS6 intake, ported throttle body, longtube headers, true duals, 3" bullets dumped, slp lid
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:04:30 PM »

"Now, if only I could figure out this "door handle" principle.  I curse the name of my captors for all eternity .  .  ."

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 10:46:07 PM »

for the chipmunk:  mguyver munk is makin a bomb outta some leaves and nuts

for the cat: motherfuckin gank fest blocked by invisible wall again... fuuuuuu

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
cousingrandpa

Plumber, Cars & Guitars

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

lmao guys 
BTW, the cats name is Harley.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »

lmao guys  
BTW, the cats name is Harley.

The name made me laugh

back in the late 80s or early 90s, there were three old barn cats hanging around my house. I started feeding them, and named them Beeser, Arial and Trump...back then, there were still a lot of british bikes floating around, and the cat names came from motorcycle nicknames. (beeser was the common nickname for a BSA, and trump was short for triumph)....
Just by some weird coincidence, I found an olt timer getting rid of a bunch of old bikes and parts....I came home with a BSA A50, a triumph T120R, and an Arial square four......

I guess those cats were lucky

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
cousingrandpa

Plumber, Cars & Guitars

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »

Maybe I'll find a cool old Harley when Barb & I move to Florida.
I wouldn't mind one like this,

Or maybe I should have named him Ferrari if carma like that might be floating around. butt rock

Those are some cool finds though, any pic's?

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

"Haha Mr Kitty, I fart in your general direction."

Axe
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »

those pics are all in a box somewhere, on real photo paper, taken with a camera, using FILM....
that was 20 years ago, and I did not even own a digital camera (not even sure they were commercially available)

and maybe you should consider looking for something a little newer than a flathead.....Either a knuckelhead or a panhead can be had in a similar frame, and there are aftermarket parts available to keep them on the road. I have a pan in my home garage, and my dad has a knuck (supposed to be OUR project, but he has run with it). From the look of the front end on that bike, it is most likely a 45 cubic inch (750cc)...and back in the 20s and 30s, the 45 inch "Flatty" had about 35 horsepower, at best

BTW...the confederate flag license plate looks kind of cheesy...as does the 50s panhead tail light on that bike....If that bike belongs to a friend of yours, tell him I have the correct tray for under his seat. I had it chromed back when it was cool to ride rigids, but it is the correct full length one, that covers the frame clear up to the seat post
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:50:08 PM by heretic » Logged

cousingrandpa

Plumber, Cars & Guitars

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

It's just a pic I found on the web lol. I would be happy with just about any Harley pre AMF other than a sportster. Something cool to cruze, if I got something fast I would build it up myself or find a Ducati.

If you took these bikes & combined some of the features you can get an idea of what I like, I don't like ape hangers though, I would probably start out with drag bars.

I really like the brakes on this bike,

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »

you do realize that both black bikes are evos, right (post AMF). The red one is an asian bike....not even a harley. The blue one is an AMF style bottom end with aftermarket heads, making it "look" like a pan, but that is all. it is not an old bike (and those are buell designed brakes.

cousingrandpa

Plumber, Cars & Guitars

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

I figure start with a custom frame & build the bike from there going for a look that is a mix of the pics I posted.
I do like the new Harleys just don't want the AMF bikes.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »

if you are building a rider, there is nothing wrong with AMF bikes.....Really there was little wrong with them before. A huge factor in the dislike of them was the fact that AMF (American Machine and Foundry) was not an American company. It was japanese....All bikes were undependable back then. it was a stigma. If you need proof, simply look around you. You will still see old Shovelheads on the road. How often do you see 60s and 70s hondas, suzukis, kawasakis, or yamahas? .....
Even if you believe in the stigma, the parts available today are so much better than the old ones, you could rebuild an AMF bike, and still be riding when a comparable metric bike is in the junk yard

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: