theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:40:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Could the Lexus LF-A production super GT be ready for Tokyo?  (Read 14980 times)
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

The price is out of line, but I've never worried about shopping for one of these. For that kind of money I'd by a 458 and then head out to Las Vegas Speedway and order up a 427 Cobra roadster from Shelby American. I like the looks, and the sounds it make are phenomenal, but all in all this car won't make a real impact on Toyota.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:24:14 PM by Fluxx » Logged
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 12:56:20 PM »

Hell, for $40k, a Cobra replica would provide you with many more thrills and fun than any Lexus ever could.

Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »

....and the American iron fanboys enter the thread, I was expecting Corvette, Cobra caught me off guard, I actually got a good laugh out of that.
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »

For $40k a classic Datsun 510 converted into a track car would give you more fun than any Lexus ever could.

You happy now?

Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »

For $40k a classic Datsun 510 converted into a track car would give you more fun than any Lexus ever could.

You happy now?

No, I dont care what a $40,000 track car can do, lots of people have those.

I also don't care that the LF-A is 375k, it could be 175k I still wouldn't know anyone who could go out and buy one. All it really is is Toyota show casing what they can do, I think its pretty impressive, just looking at it inside and out and reading about how its built is really interesting, to me its like a modern 2000GT, hope to see them competing on the track at least, would be really cool to see one up close.

I do think Toyota/Lexus should have some kind of competition for the Nissan GTR and the Corvette though, that would be neat to see. So far this is as close to that as they have, and they are about $250k off.  Tongue
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 01:39:33 PM »

hmm, 600hp in a screaming V10 isn't fun?

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 01:40:27 PM »

Toyota went the wrong way in developing a "flagship" car. They need to find a volume sports car, not a 500 limited edition sports car. This is why they failed, and why this car is a fail.

No doubt it will keep up with everything that is priced below it, but it wasn't worth all the time and money. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't consider it.

hmm, 600hp in a screaming V10 isn't fun?

Not when its held back with electronic nannies that numb the driving experience. Which is what the GT-R did, which is what the LFA will do.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »

um you've never driven this car, DC. so explain to me how you magically know that the cars you listed can give you more fun than this. one more thing, where in ANY of our posts said that this thing has as much electronic nannies as the GT-R?

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »

I wouldn't say the LF-A wouldn't be fun to drive, it just costs too much. Do you think you would get any more attention with it over a Ferarri 458? Will it perform all that much better? We certainly know it will cost more, by nearly 50%. Then there will be maintenance costs, how much do you think Toyota will ask for parts? I'm not the type to buy a car and keep in a climate controlled garage and touch myself while thinking about what its capable of, I'd rather go out and see for myself. Being limited to 500 cars I don't see many of these being driven to their potential, but left to slowly rot in a "collection."
 I think that this car having a full gamut of electronic nannies is not out of the question, although I haven't heard that it does, due to it being a Lexus. People buy Lexi (plural?) because they are full of gadgets that keep you from having to do something on your own, not because they are passionate about cars. Although this is an impressive car from all I've heard about it, I'd rather they built a big brother to the FT-86 that would be sold in a greater volume, like the Corvette, not so many you see them everywhere, but enough that getting one is actually viable to more than .005% of the population.
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 05:19:39 PM »

um you've never driven this car, DC. so explain to me how you magically know that the cars you listed can give you more fun than this. one more thing, where in ANY of our posts said that this thing has as much electronic nannies as the GT-R?

Elmo, its Lexus, wtf do you think the car will have?

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »

We are talking about the brand that introduced automated parallel parking for people too stupid or lazy to do it themselves
Jared

Defender of the Cobalt SS

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »

For 375,000 dollars I do not want to see a "F" on the fender...

For 375,000 dollars I do not want to see a "L" on the hood...

For 375,000 dollars I do not want to see a "LF-A" on the trunk...

For 375,000 dollars I, more importantly, do not want to see a "L" on my facking steering wheel.

(It does look pretty good, though)

Pit crew - Team Cobalt CA.
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »

Elmo, its Lexus, wtf do you think the car will have?

um well lets see....

who said Lexus has to put luxury into their flagship supercar? hell, Audi is a luxury manufacturer, yet their flagship supercar, the R8 has not one bit of anything luxurious inside it except for a SatNav. same goes for the McLaren SLR 722, SL65 Black Series, CLK63 Black Series, and SLK55 Black Series. not one of them has a bit of luxury except for maybe a SatNav (which i don't even think the CLK even has a SatNav), yet they're built by a manufacturer that is known for being quite luxurious. wait, isn't Acura the luxury division of Honda? where was the luxury in the NSX?

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 12:35:06 AM »

Dude, its Lexus. Name me one car that was bare bones?

ONE!

nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »

looks like they have the first technical problem with the LF-A

sportscars made a track test with the new LF-A at the Nürburgring GP track... the sequential gearbox is full of mistakes... during some hot laps the clutch started to slip and smelled burned, the tranny bonced during shifting... the engine is not very daily drive freindly and lacks torque at lower revs... the handling and ergonomic on the other hand are superb. Their summary... 4times more expansive than the GT-R... worth it... No..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: