theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 VW MKVI Golf GTI Official Thread  (Read 10059 times)
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:40:33 PM »

Depending on price, and what I have in my account, I'd love to buy the R when it hits the USA. I always tell people I will keep my VR6 until it dies, but I might be willing to trade it in for one of these.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »

Hot DAYAM this car looks great and Im not a big VW person, I love the interior it looks top notch compared to most cars today and It looks great in  the red.

I definitely wouldnt mind drivin this. Grin

Jpx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »

I'm personally a big audi fan but im starting to like vw more and more, im almost tempted to pursue a gti for a car, does any1 know what has better potential ( tunning wise, chip, exhaust, ect), gti or golf tdi? i herd the tdi can be a beast.

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 12:24:46 PM »

They'd both have potential, but I'd guess the gas powered GTi would have the larger aftermarket. I'm lusting for that R20.
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »

I'm personally a big audi fan but im starting to like vw more and more, im almost tempted to pursue a gti for a car, does any1 know what has better potential ( tunning wise, chip, exhaust, ect), gti or golf tdi? i herd the tdi can be a beast.

This is a question could be followed up with a very long post. But I guess I need to start by asking you, which GTI MK1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6? I'll assume MK5, since its the "most popular" right now.

The MK5 GTI has the 2.0L turbo motor, putting out 200hp stock. GIAC has a reflash (chip) with gains somewhere near 40hp. I will say that the GTI has better tuning potential only because of the vast amount of products out there. Plus, it is a gas motor, so it can easily make big hp numbers.

The TDI can easily make big torque numbers however.

So it depends on what you want.

A 400hp MK4 1.8T GTI isnt that uncommon in the VW world. Big power and big tuning are easy to come by, so I would say in the end, the GTI has more potential.

MayberrySS
Grand Master

RIP 98 Z28!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »

yup we got them at our dealership...its just a VW.... 

2001 Camaro SS H/C/I/E
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »

2010 Golf GTI-R confirmed for US early next year
Source: AutoBlog
R32. That three-character alphanumeric code is capable of kick-starting a whole subculture of hot hatch fans into overdrive. And for good reason--the Volkswagen Golf R32 was one of the most complete packages on the market, with power, handling, features and style for a still-affordable price. The R32's successor, the 2010 Volkswagen Golf R, was released just last month at Frankfurt, and as Volkswagen officials have confirmed to High Gear Media today, it's headed to the U.S., branded as the GTI-R.

The 2010 Golf R (or GTI-R as it's to be known here) features the same powerplant as the off-limits-for-us Scirocco R. VW's 4Motion all-wheel drive system sends the mill's power to the ground.

The 2.0-liter TSI engine is rated at 265 horsepower--the most powerful production Golf ever--and is capable of propelling the hot hatch to 62 mph in 5.5 seconds when equipped with the optional DSG dual-clutch gearbox. The standard manual gets it done 0.2 seconds slower. Top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

Average fuel consumption of the new Golf R is about 21 percent better than the R32, up to 27.7 mpg combined according to VW. LED daytime running lights and tail lights add the modern look to the car.

Despite the official unveiling, not much else is known about the 2010 Golf R. The photos reveal a styling package similar to the R32's, with large alloy wheels, an aggressive front-end treatment and generally restrained touches elsewhere wrapped up in the new Mark VI Golf styling.

Fans of the R32 may be disappointed the sonorous six-cylinder of the old car won't be returning, but the peppy and efficient turbo 2.0-liter may offer more potential for tuning. Hot hatch fans in general will be glad to see the car come back in any form, as the Golf R goes on sale in Germany at the end of 2009 and will head Stateside sometime early next year as the bigger brother to the potent 2010 Volkswagen GTI.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »

^^^^^
First car I have wanted to own brand new, and had the ability to actually buy it. Man, I am pumped to see this coming to the USA. I know it will be expensive, but I am hoping for the best.

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »

yup we got them at our dealership...its just a VW.... 

It's just a MkV with a facelift to me.

This is a question could be followed up with a very long post. But I guess I need to start by asking you, which GTI MK1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6? I'll assume MK5, since its the "most popular" right now.

The MK5 GTI has the 2.0L turbo motor, putting out 200hp stock. GIAC has a reflash (chip) with gains somewhere near 40hp. I will say that the GTI has better tuning potential only because of the vast amount of products out there. Plus, it is a gas motor, so it can easily make big hp numbers.

The TDI can easily make big torque numbers however.

So it depends on what you want.

A 400hp MK4 1.8T GTI isnt that uncommon in the VW world. Big power and big tuning are easy to come by, so I would say in the end, the GTI has more potential.

Then throw on a downpipe and you have Stage 2.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
vagfan

Around the World.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »

I personally can't wait for the new Gti. I love the look of it.

And with the addition of the Golf R (R20), I couldn't ask for much more.

...except maybe the Scirocco. But I guess this will do Smiley

And the next time I'm looking into a new car, probably a couple years down the road, I'll be able to get this model, used, at a good price.

Drivers Wanted.

"Audis are like strippers. They only work when you throw money at them."
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »

MTM + GTI/GTD = badass
Source: AutoBlog
MTM has completed two more versions of the Volkswagen Golf, and with the pleasant power increases come what appear to be pleasant prices. The petrol-powered Golf GTI gets a maximum of 310 horses and 302 pound-feet of torque if you opt for the ultimate stage of tune. That gives it 40 more hp and 44 more lb-ft than the Golf R, plus the same 0-to-60 time, in a package that costs thousands less.

The GTD gets bumps of 35 hp and 22 lb-ft, with a sprint to 62 mph that shaves 0.7 seconds. MTM lists the price for the upgrades as just €800 ($1,086 U.S.), only it hasn't said which upgrade that price applies to. Have a look at the company's press release after the jump and a gander at the cars themselves in the high-res gallery below.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »

Not feeling the love here. I know there are those that will love it, just dont feel it.

VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »

Yeah, what did this porky pig thing do to deserve it's own thread??

Mk1/2 GTI's were brilliant cars. Mk3+ was just flabby.

Anyhow...
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »

mark 2-4 were complete and udder shite

from the introduction and continuing through the 5th and 6th installments, the gti has comparatively stayed true to itself. the 5+ offers the modern tech + the ride from years and years ago, i think they did a bang up job, and to say otherwise without actually hopping in one, is just bias stolen from reading too many of the wrong forum posts.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »

Yeah, what did this porky pig thing do to deserve it's own thread??

Mk1/2 GTI's were brilliant cars. Mk3+ was just flabby.

I have to disagree about the MK3. For a while there I wasn't a huge fan of the MK3 either (and I even owned one). But in the past year or so I have seen so many great examples of MK3s that I am really really starting to like them, and would consider buying one as a future project.

A MK3 GTI with a Jetta front end. One of the best looking VWs in my opinion.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: