theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:48:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kia takes the cover off of the 2011 Optima  (Read 3078 times)
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 04:46:35 AM »

but, why not just say you like it or not instead of nitpicking?

Wouldn't that just make us a boring old forum now?
Would be kind of stupid to come on a forum and see everyone posting "I like this car" and be done with the topic.

Does anybody else think G8 when they look at those side vents?
More like a CTS.

I like the car but I don't know where they're going with the wheels... do they want the luxurious look or some kind of futuristic look.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:48:07 AM by SpiderX1016 » Logged

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »

Wouldn't that just make us a boring old forum now?
Would be kind of stupid to come on a forum and see everyone posting "I like this car" and be done with the topic.

and yet, there are 2 posts in the first page that are similar.

you're not getting what i was saying.

here's some examples of what i'm trying to explain:

i like this car because...

i dislike this car because...

this also pertains to just Kias. every thread i have seen about a Kia on here and other forums, people tend to nitpick some of the most minuscule (some parts, as seen here, that can be found on other cars) things on a Kia. i even had someone tell me before that they didn't want to say they liked it because they were too embarassed because of the ridicule Kia has recieved over the past 20 years.

it's kind of like coming onto one of these forums and saying you own a Cavalier (no offense, Racer lol).

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »

this also pertains to just Kias. every thread i have seen about a Kia on here and other forums, people tend to nitpick some of the most minuscule (some parts, as seen here, that can be found on other cars) things on a Kia. i even had someone tell me before that they didn't want to say they liked it because they were too embarassed because of the ridicule Kia has recieved over the past 20 years.

So? Why care about people's opinions?
Like my late teacher used to say, "opinions are like arm pits, everyone has them and they stink."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:27:25 PM by SpiderX1016 » Logged

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »

elmo has a point though. people don't give a rats ass about the major improvements car manifactuers like kia have made in the last 10 or so years and look for any reason to down talk them as bad cars.

when i was looking at new cars a few weeks ago i thought the kia cee'd was one of the better cars i test drove. now wheather or not the 1.6 crdi diesel i test drove was worth the 20k asking price is another thing but it is a great little car

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

Thank you, Brendan. You explained it a lot better than i did in a much more brief way lol.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Thank you, Brendan. You explained it a lot better than i did in a much more brief way lol.

I do like the way Hyundai/Kia is going though.

edumspeed

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »

I really like it, sans the wheels.  Kia's heading the right way, as well as Hyundai.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: