theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:27:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kia takes the cover off of the 2011 Optima  (Read 3081 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »

Source: AutoBlog
The next stage of Kia's transformation from design also-ran to serious contender will kick off at the New York Auto Show in few weeks. After launching the Forte sedan and Koup, the new Sorento and, most recently, the Sportage, Kia's new design language is being applied to the Optima. The all-new 2011 Kia Optima is longer, wider and lower than the car it replaces although we don't know by how much. While it's not as aggressive as the sketches released a few weeks ago, this Optima is certainly a huge step forward.

We don't have any mechanical details yet, but we'd guess that the Optima shares a lot under the skin with the new Hyundai Sonata. Nor would we be at all surprised to learn that the Optima won't have a V6 engine option this time around. Instead, it'll probably use the same direct-injected 2.4-liter inline-four found in the Sonata. The turbocharged and hybrid variants may follow as well.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »

I <3 Kia.
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »

Pretty good looking
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »

Looks like my ol' lady's '09 Accord to me.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »

another lineup lookalike front fascia, it looks good tho, so, ford 3bar, chevy dual grille, and now kia civic like look

Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:01:14 PM »

the more I look at it, the more I see Lexus.
Moth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »

Does anybody else think G8 when they look at those side vents?

88 Caprice- 305ci/700r4 combo, 75k miles

09 Challenger R/T- 5 speed auto, Stock for now
Kills: 98+ Camaro Z/28, 07 Mustang GT, Mazdaspeed3.
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:13:47 PM »

Side profile = Lexus IS
Front= Honda Accord/Civic

But its still a nice looking car, side by side it wouldn't really look like any other car but I can see where they are getting their inspiration from. At least they aren't copying ugly cars right?
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »

I like it the car is really nice looking and I like the Audi inspired lights above the fog lights, the only thing I dont really care for are the rims..

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »

you know, i'm getting quite tired of people point out miniscule things on a car that looks like something on another different car. not including you, Syncros, because you actually like the car.

Jerry, every manufacturer in the world does this, even Lamborghini. it's called a design language.

Moth, you can say the samething about the new Taurus, the current Land Rover lineup, the 2nd and 3rd generation Escalade, and current Grand Vitara.

it's like you guys WANT to like the car, but because of the ridicule Kia has recieved for the past 20 years, you have to nitpick every little thing about the car.

if Adam were to come in here and express his hate for Korean cars, i wouldn't care much because i know i'm not going to change his opinion on them.

Kia is finally taking a step in the right direction by taking influence from manufacturers that make aggressive looking cars.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »

you know, i'm getting quite tired of people point out miniscule things on a car that looks like something on another different car. not including you, Syncros, because you actually like the car.

Jerry, every manufacturer in the world does this, even Lamborghini. it's called a design language.

Moth, you can say the samething about the new Taurus, the current Land Rover lineup, the 2nd and 3rd generation Escalade, and current Grand Vitara.

it's like you guys WANT to like the car, but because of the ridicule Kia has recieved for the past 20 years, you have to nitpick every little thing about the car.

if Adam were to come in here and express his hate for Korean cars, i wouldn't care much because i know i'm not going to change his opinion on them.

Kia is finally taking a step in the right direction by taking influence from manufacturers that make aggressive looking cars.

I haven't seen a single reply to this thread where someone said they didn't like it, so why are you so defensive? People pointed out things that reminded them of other cars. Nobody said they didn't like those things. So should people not post what they notice at all unless they include praise for how much they like it? When I first saw the pic, the first thing that popped into my mind was the Accord that sits in my garage. What should I have done? Consulted you first to make sure the image and opinion that came to my mind was correct? Or posted nothing at all unless it was OMGWFTBBQ I LOVE IT?

So, I'll be the first in this thread to say it. I don't really care for it. It reminds me of our Accord. I wouldn't buy it, and the only reason I bought the Accord was because that is what the ol' lady wanted, it was her birthday, and she would be the one driving it.  

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »

RBB, you're not getting what i'm saying. every time a new Kia is unveiled, there's always someone to nitpick some miniscule thing about the car. sometimes it's something every car has. that has nothing to do with you. it looking like a current Accord isn't a bad thing.

but, why not just say you like it or not instead of nitpicking?

Moth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »

Chill out dude. "Oooooh big deal, I nitpicked on a certain part of a car"
Who cares?

88 Caprice- 305ci/700r4 combo, 75k miles

09 Challenger R/T- 5 speed auto, Stock for now
Kills: 98+ Camaro Z/28, 07 Mustang GT, Mazdaspeed3.
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »

what i mean is, car design language is more obvious than ever, it wasn't as obvious before

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »

I wont out of respect. Last night it was the drink talking.

I haven't seen a single reply to this thread where someone said they didn't like it, so why are you so defensive? People pointed out things that reminded them of other cars. Nobody said they didn't like those things. So should people not post what they notice at all unless they include praise for how much they like it? When I first saw the pic, the first thing that popped into my mind was the Accord that sits in my garage. What should I have done? Consulted you first to make sure the image and opinion that came to my mind was correct? Or posted nothing at all unless it was OMGWFTBBQ I LOVE IT?

I was reading these comments and this made me laugh. 

Sorry to post something non-car related.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: