theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:18:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobbies?  (Read 2404 times)
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »

Anyone have one? Other than cars of course.

Those that know me know that I am a collector of old schwinn bicycles. I have several that are in varying stages of restoration and those that I ride daily.

Here are a couple that I have in my garage.

A schwinn stik shift around 1972. Bought it in great condition, just doing some re-appplying of worn decals

My daily drivers. A schwinn and a huffy that I have put 100 gazzilion miles on and needs a new rear tire for the summer season.

This is a 1967 schwinn sting ray (single speed) that is in perfect shape. I bought a new fattie slik for the back and have the original paint in cans that I am going to apply this year. I am giving this to my youngest son once it is completed. No other kid on the block will have a genuine schwinn sting ray. Lucky kid.

Doh! Brain fart. It sucks to be a newb here.

We have a hobbies section. Elmo, please move this. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:57:18 PM by LSixer » Logged

Fox
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »

Cool bikes.

I collect car brochures, press publications. I'm serious... Heck, when I'm on Autoblog I skip reading their text and go straight to the press release text  Grin

^that is just a preview of the many brochures I have. My most prized one is a Nissan R-390 GT-1 press kit  butt rock

Sadly, I missed out on the last few years being I was in the service.
MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »

Cool bikes.

I collect car brochures, press publications. I'm serious... Heck, when I'm on Autoblog I skip reading their text and go straight to the press release text  Grin

^that is just a preview of the many brochures I have. My most prized one is a Nissan R-390 GT-1 press kit  butt rock

I have loads and loads of them as well but didnt pick up a single one at this years chi autoshow... Sad

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »

This.

Only I wish I had 1/10th of his talent. (Todd Jarrett)

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »

i collect sports memorabilia. from game used and signed jerseys to pieces of actual race cars. it's all sitting in a storage shed because of the lack of room we have in our house.

my most prized possession, as small as it is, is concrete pieces of the old Texas Stadium.

i'm still trying to get clay from The Ballpark in Arlington and water from Lake Floyd at Daytona International Speedway.

it's all sentimental, none of it is for the profit.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 12:15:18 AM »

So FFD you go to day raves wearing neon shirts?

I have a bunch of auto brochures that I "collect" I guess. If watching racing is a hobby, I have that going for me. Cheesy

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:24:50 AM »

My aquarium would be my hobby other than cars. That and playing my bass guitar  butt rock

...oh and girls too
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:44:36 AM by Whitechapel » Logged

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »

Cool bikes.

Interesting. I never considreed that as a collectible. I also collect some old (REAL OLD) books. 1700's, and 1800's. I have a few, nothing to retire off of though.

This.

Only I wish I had 1/10th of his talent. (Todd Jarrett)

You have more talent there Buddy!! I dont know of anyone that is so talented that they can get a nightvision pic of themselves while hunting zombies!  

Fox
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »

Here is the front page scan of my 1967 Corvette Brochure. Thanks Grandpa  Grin

Saddly, more and more brochures are going digital (PDF)  Cry
Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

Besides cars my biggest hobby would be guitar, or just Metal music in general. I go to a lot of shows, local and national, even though I haven't done in the much the past year.

I spend a lot of time at home with family, but they all say I'm never there.

I need to spend a lot more time working on my house but...

Axe
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

Besides cars my biggest hobby would be guitar, or just Metal music in general. I go to a lot of shows, local and national, even though I haven't done in the much the past year.

I spend a lot of time at home with family, but they all say I'm never there.

I need to spend a lot more time working on my house but...

Axe

Thats exactly what I was looking for. What is it you do when the better half isnt hounding you, and you have a few moments to yourself that you do something that makes you smile.

Me, its my bikes, and the damn BMW of course. That usually makes me swear though, not smile unless I am driving it.

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:28:25 AM »

That's pretty cool too! I love 70's bikes and often search the 'Bay for an old Gremlin like I had way back when. I bought my girls a pink 70's Schwinn in perfect condition at a thrift store for almost nothing and they didn't like it. It's been sitting around here for about 10 years b/c I didn't want to sell it, lol. It's all rusty now.  Cry

Axe
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:30:59 AM by Axe » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: