theautolounge.net
January 23, 2018, 05:43:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: American Chopper cancelled, Paul Sr. sues Paul Jr. for $1 million in damages  (Read 25121 times)
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 02:19:45 AM »

American Chopper just came on, and there are 34 guests on here, all of them looking at this thread. 

Google search. 

In this new show, it seems Sr.'s purpose in life is to constantly degrade and belittle his kids, while trying to sabotage their new business.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

yeah, I watched it last night.....not impressed

The "biker" subculture is leaning away from choppers anyway, and I think it will soon fall from the limelight. Honda is producing factory choppers, victory has the wide rear tire cruiser, and more and more states are passing noise restrictions. As the image becomes more and more diluted, and the quintessential "bad boy" persona becomes even more commonplace, this fad will die, and another will take it's place.....

One small part of me will be sorry to see it disappear though. The fad has dumped millions, and millions into R&D, and manufacture of some pretty amazing motorcycle parts. There have  been some amazing engine products made as well.  harley has always kept their engines underpowered, intentionally. The base engine is underdeveloped....but for a price you can order their own line of performance heads, cams, cylinders, intake, exhaust, ignition, etc....etc...it was all about the marketing and the profit margin. There is no reason that HD engines cannot produce just as much power as the other V-twins on the market, except money. The HD image was that of a cruiser, and HD has chosen not to stray from their core market group.
Now, aftermarket companies have run with that engine design. At every rally, with a dyno drag, you see big harleys ticking off numbers equal to or better than some cafe bikes. My own bike will post horsepower numbers equal to many cafe bikes , and torque numbers doubling what many cafe bikes can put out....
I think as the chopper fad dies out, this development will slow

I know it is not a chopper, but this was how my bike looked, in the Rods and Hogs show last weekend.......I was not really impressed with the paint job, after I shot it.....It is too bright and too "busy" for me....I am going to strip it back down, and shoot it in dark Sapphire blue candy

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: