theautolounge.net
January 23, 2018, 05:48:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: American Chopper cancelled, Paul Sr. sues Paul Jr. for $1 million in damages  (Read 25124 times)
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »

TLC brings back American Chopper
Source: AutoBlog

American Chopper: Senior vs Junior

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 03:39:58 AM »

American Chopper: Senior vs Junior

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/

Vinnie is back. Nice. I wonder if his business is going well.

Looking forward to see what's going to happen.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »

I saw the promo for it on tv, looked interesting. The problem I see for it though, american chopper (and OCC in general) is just SO overblown, worn out, and over rated. Im not sure how they can breath anymore fire into the franchise.

On a business standpoint though, IMO this was a good move. Sr. and Jr. are two polar opposites on state of mind and design. Jr. would have eventually given Sr. a stroke.

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

I just saw this.....holy god. I thought they parted ways mutually, I didnt know Jr. was fired the way he was.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQZ2_YrXjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQZ2_YrXjo</a>

Not that Im saying he didnt deserve that. If it was anyone other than Sr.'s son, he would have been canned years ago for the stuff he's pulled. I think Jr. has the talent to run a custom shop, though I think he wont be able to run a business worth shit. The one I really feel bad for though is mikey. I had no idea he was fired too. Yes, he was pretty much worthless there, but I do feel bad for him. He has no education (that we know of) and no real skill. IDK what he will do now that he was fired from both family businesses. The thing that hurts me is that he's not a total D-bag like Jr., he has a sweet heart but is too awkward/ clumsy/ gumpy to excell in any professional/ industrial outlet other than a family business.

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »

The one I really feel bad for though is mikey. I had no idea he was fired too. Yes, he was pretty much worthless there, but I do feel bad for him. He has no education (that we know of) and no real skill. IDK what he will do now that he was fired from both family businesses. 

you can actually watch the entire series start to finish and see how the cameras changed the entire family for the worse.. it's in part discovery channels fault for making problems in to dilemmas.. as for mike, what he did was start drinking and doing drugs really heavily.. in and out of rehab, yet remaining under the spotlight.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »

I just saw this.....holy god. I thought they parted ways mutually, I didnt know Jr. was fired the way he was.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQZ2_YrXjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQZ2_YrXjo</a>

Not that Im saying he didnt deserve that. If it was anyone other than Sr.'s son, he would have been canned years ago for the stuff he's pulled. I think Jr. has the talent to run a custom shop, though I think he wont be able to run a business worth shit. The one I really feel bad for though is mikey. I had no idea he was fired too. Yes, he was pretty much worthless there, but I do feel bad for him. He has no education (that we know of) and no real skill. IDK what he will do now that he was fired from both family businesses. The thing that hurts me is that he's not a total D-bag like Jr., he has a sweet heart but is too awkward/ clumsy/ gumpy to excell in any professional/ industrial outlet other than a family business.

heh, I noticed the BSN products that are placed nicely.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

so, does the show include v force customs? haha

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

this really does epitomize the beating of a dead horse.....Choppers have fallen from favor and from the spotlight. They were a fad, like so many others in the automotive industry....fads never last forever, and the chopper scene has faded, just as it did the first time around.....What seems to be taking over the custom bike scene now is rolling stereo systems. Full dressers with the bags filled with batteries and speakers....I have even seen a trailers, full of speakers, being pulled behind a bike

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »

this really does epitomize the beating of a dead horse.....Choppers have fallen from favor and from the spotlight. They were a fad, like so many others in the automotive industry....fads never last forever, and the chopper scene has faded, just as it did the first time around.....What seems to be taking over the custom bike scene now is rolling stereo systems. Full dressers with the bags filled with batteries and speakers....I have even seen a trailers, full of speakers, being pulled behind a bike

Kind of off topic, but your post reminded me of something I saw the other day. I was down at the mailbox and I heard a Harley coming. I looked up and it was an Ultra Glide pulling a small utility trailer with a casket strapped on it with tiedowns.  WTF??!?!! 

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »

Great..... Californias trends tend to hit us a few years after theyre found there. I simply cant wait to see these things rolling around me. So now Im going to have to listen to the donks with stupid loud speakers AND harleys with stupid loud speakers... 

Choppers are still present here. Theyre not the "craze" anymore, but compared to stock harleys, classics, and sport bikes "THE" thing to have is still a raked and stretched chopper. Other forms of customs are just non existent here. I have seen a whopping one bobber ever in my area.

I, myself, have only ever been on stock bikes before. Are they really that big of a pain in the ass to ride? Ive heard that the steering is heavy and the radius sucks on them. I still think theyre cool, even if OCC blew the fad way out of proportion and played it out way too much. Back when I was still working in the airlines (and had way too much disposable income) I was seriously considering buying a "build it yourself" chopper kit. It came with everything you needed with 90% of the welding done. All you really had to do was paint it and assemble it for ~$8k with the basic motor. Though, I was smart enough not to since I had no real riding experience at the time.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »

choppers are really heavy if they have a wide rear tire. The front and rear tires have different radius across the surface of the road, so they want to lean at different rates and angles....Montana made a statement that stuck with me...he said his big dog handled like trying to steer a fire truck from the rear

if you stay with a narrower rear tire, they are not as bad as many people think.....that is assuming the rake and trail are correct...if they aren't you have a trailer queen

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:21 PM »

choppers are really heavy if they have a wide rear tire. The front and rear tires have different radius across the surface of the road, so they want to lean at different rates and angles....Montana made a statement that stuck with me...he said his big dog handled like trying to steer a fire truck from the rear

if you stay with a narrower rear tire, they are not as bad as many people think.....that is assuming the rake and trail are correct...if they aren't you have a trailer queen

that's why mid 60s indian customs are where it's at Smiley .. only bike other than a rocket i've ever liked.. my girlfriend's brother is rebuilding one that was hot rodded up to the Nth degree and it looked dumb.. hot-wheels like..

i'm sure i don't have to tell you it's a 67 trophy 650
before(can't see the flame tin-cut out from the rear fender):

as it is now:

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2010, 08:27:51 PM »

I believe this was the kit I was interested in. I remember it being a HR3, but I dont remember the exact model. The tank and rake look very familiar though.

EDIT: yes, it is. And its still being made. $7999 gets you a complete rolling chassis with wiring, brakes, wheels/ tires, chrome (but no paint) and no driveline. Basically paint it, drop in a motor/ trans and go. Rear tire is a 215.

I still think it would be a fun project....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:31:35 PM by Fuel Fire Desire » Logged

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:33 PM »

that's why mid 60s indian customs are where it's at Smiley .. only bike other than a rocket i've ever liked.. my girlfriend's brother is rebuilding one that was hot rodded up to the Nth degree and it looked dumb.. hot-wheels like..

i'm sure i don't have to tell you it's a 67 trophy 650
before(can't see the flame tin-cut out from the rear fender):

as it is now:

1st of all...Indian sold out to Royal Enfield, of England,  in 1953...In fact the 1953 indian had british forks and carbs. The 54 through 59 indians were just skirted fenders on a Royal Enfield interceptor (I briefly owned an enfield 900 interceptor on the early 90s...purchased at a swap meet, got it going, and sold it at another swap meet about 2 months later).....I do not remember there being  a 60s indian. It was the two sons of the inventor of the halon fire extinguisher, who bought rights to the name in the 90s. The late 90s and 2000s Indians were harley clones made by California Custom Motorcycles in Gilroy CA ... stock trading name for the company was IMMI (Indian Motorcycle Manufacturing Inc).....I lost quite a bit of money on that investment

The triumph pictured has an old Jammer bolt on rigid rear frame section. They never came that way.....
I do have an original 1968 bonneville in the shop...next time I clean it up, I will take pics for you

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »

American Chopper just came on, and there are 34 guests on here, all of them looking at this thread. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: