theautolounge.net
January 23, 2018, 05:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: American Chopper cancelled, Paul Sr. sues Paul Jr. for $1 million in damages  (Read 25122 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

the ultimate proof to all of what you guys are saying would be American Hotrod and the current Street Customs.

Boyd was an all-out dick to his employers and rarely ever involved himself into the builds. his sidekick, Dwayne, was and still is the ultimate asshole. which, by the way, he was hired onto West Coast Customs. the drama he provided for those 2 episodes he was on probably got Discovery a lot of ratings.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »

I am not disputing the drama......
in fact I am not disagreeing with anything in your last post....

I have to say though, I remember the Boyd Coddington customs from 20 years ago. The attention to detail was unbelivable,,,that man was a perfectionist and an artist of the very best caliber

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

he was an incredible builder and a legend in the hotrodding community. but the way they portrayed him on that show just made him seem like a total dick of a boss.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »

I probably watched the show three times in all...the smart mouth kid irritated me, and the old man was not doing the building.....not a format that interested me

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »

That always pissed me off about Boyds show. I was amazed they could get anything done with all the infighting. I've been a part of group projects, and we never fought like that. Whoever owned what we were working on got final say, and if one of our suggestions got passed over we didn't sulk about it, and we weren't making the money those guys were, we were working for beer and BBQ.
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

Jessie James had what, 3 or 4 whopping episodes of his bike building show done. IMO it was because he was too level headed, which made it boring for anyone who didnt understand what it took to make things like he did.

I always enjoyed that show.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »

That always pissed me off about Boyds show. I was amazed they could get anything done with all the infighting. I've been a part of group projects, and we never fought like that. Whoever owned what we were working on got final say, and if one of our suggestions got passed over we didn't sulk about it, and we weren't making the money those guys were, we were working for beer and BBQ.

That whiny bitch kid always pissed me off. Another prime example of a youth from the "generation of entitlement." I know he was family....but I have no idea why he wasnt fired much sooner.

I wanted to punch this punk in the face after seeing this.

Backstory: Boyd was going to completely fund this kids rat rod build. He was even going to pay him wages while he was building it, AND was going to let him keep the car. All Boyd wanted was for it to be safe. The kid wanted to keep it "cooler" by using a flimsy C-channel frame, Boyd wanted it boxed for the amount of power he was going to be putting through it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewMvAP5LwM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewMvAP5LwM</a>

All of that after he was bossing Boyd's other highly experienced fabricators around (some twice his age) as if they were tool gofers.

That punk pissed me off to no end. I would have been more than honored to just be allowed to push a broom in Boyd's shop at that age. Let alone have been allowed to participate in builds.....or have Boyd PAY ME to build my own PERSONAL car project on his dime.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:00:19 AM by Fuel Fire Desire » Logged

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

Jessie James had what, 3 or 4 whopping episodes of his bike building show done. IMO it was because he was too level headed, which made it boring for anyone who didnt understand what it took to make things like he did.

Ok, being in the west coast biker scene, I remember when Jesse James was picking up rat bike swap meet parts and putting them on sportsters in his mom's garage....He truly has an artistic and visionary side....

One of my old riding partners was supposed to be on one of his TV shows....but instead went to High Desert State Pen......

years ago I heard a very flattering statement, said about me, on my wife and my first date.....We were all in a biker bar, and we were talking with one jesse james's friends.....he told Diana that I was just as good with metal as Jesse, but I did not have the attitude for all the attention.....he went on to say that if I could change my attitude, I could possibly be on TV as well............as flattering as that was, not gonna happen

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »

Was'nt it also Boyd Coddington that helped get West Coast Choppers underway? Because Jesse was married to his daughter at one time?

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »

That whiny bitch kid always pissed me off. Another prime example of a youth from the "generation of entitlement." I know he was family....but I have no idea why he wasnt fired much sooner...

Oh my fucking God. Seriously? This smug little punk has me all wound up. I don't like some of Boyds cars, BUT, BUTTTTTT, the guy is UNDENIABLY superior in every way shape or form when it comes to automotive build and design, than this little snot nosed brat. Jesus Christ. This kid probably RUINED IT for any future possibility for this to happen for a kid who would be GRATEFUL.

Seriously man, I could slap the shit out of this kid....

Montana

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »

And just something funny about that family....when the cameras are off, and that family is at a bike run....They ride stock harley davidson cruisers. JR has an ultra classic, and SR has a road glide with ape hangers (probably dealer installed)

When the Teutles were at The Love Ride a few years ago they showed up in a pick-up truck with Harley Davidson rentals being towed behind them...... They left riding the Harley's with an empty pick-up following them.

Will Rogers never met me.
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »

Oh my fucking God. Seriously? This smug little punk has me all wound up. I don't like some of Boyds cars, BUT, BUTTTTTT, the guy is UNDENIABLY superior in every way shape or form when it comes to automotive build and design, than this little snot nosed brat. Jesus Christ. This kid probably RUINED IT for any future possibility for this to happen for a kid who would be GRATEFUL.

Seriously man, I could slap the shit out of this kid....

i see your point however, the kid was in the right - it was HIS car, and the customer gets final say, you don't pull a hennessey and go behind someone's back with their build. that being said, i think he could have came to a compromise, the both of them could.. maybe  c frame and less power.. or a box frame and more power.. something which appealed to both parties. it's easy to sit back and pass judgement, but i know i'm very knit-picky with my cars

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »

i see your point however, the kid was in the right - it was HIS car, and the customer gets final say, you don't pull a hennessey and go behind someone's back with their build. that being said, i think he could have came to a compromise, the both of them could.. maybe  c frame and less power.. or a box frame and more power.. something which appealed to both parties. it's easy to sit back and pass judgement, but i know i'm very knit-picky with my cars

He wasnt a customer though, he was an employee of boyd's who was given unlimited funding for a project car he was going to keep. It was a gift from boyd to the kid, and all he wanted was for it to be safe. The kid handled it way wrong. But that was just the last straw. All throughout that build he was treating master fabricators more than twice to three times his age like go-fer's and shop bitches. Even in front of boyd.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

TLC brings back American Chopper
Source: AutoBlog
TLC, which in this case rather ironically stands for The Learning Channel, will once again be teaching us all what's it's like to live in a truly dysfunctional family. No, we're not talking about Jon and Kate, we're talking choppers. American Chopper, that is.

Unlike before, when the reality television series focused on the lives of one family and its quest to assemble raked-out custom motorcycles, it will now focus on, um, two families... sorta. Both of them will still have the same last name, but anyone who watched the show over the last season or so knows that the two Paul Teutuls don't get along in any shape or form.

As such, the show will reportedly follow both father and son as they build motorcycles in different shops, one of which we assume will be Senior's Orange County Choppers. The other will presumably be Paul Jr. Designs. Sounds to us like a giant case of Teutul overload, but what do we know? Thanks for the tip, Quest!

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »

TLC brings back American Chopper
Source: AutoBlog
I don't know why they are doing this, it flopped because most everyone stopped caring about their first show.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: