theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: American Chopper cancelled, Paul Sr. sues Paul Jr. for $1 million in damages  (Read 25118 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »

Source: AutoBlog
It's been a long time coming, but celebrity gossip site TMZ reports that American Chopper has finally been canceled. A spokesperson for TLC, which picked the show up after its first few years on The Discovery Channel, said, "The Teutuls will always be a part of the Discovery family and we congratulate them on a tremendously successful series run." The final episode will air February 11 at 9:00 PM.

It wasn't tough to see this one coming from a mile away. The hit show has seemingly been just a shell of its former self since two of the original Teutul trio have stopped speaking to their father and disappeared completely from the Orange County Choppers shop.

Recall also that Paul Teutul filed a lawsuit against Paul Teutul Jr. for over a million dollars a couple of months ago and it's easy to see that things have been going south for quite some time. Finally, now that the crew has built customs that run on everything from gasoline to ethanol, diesel, compressed natural gas, electricity and even a hybrid, there just don't seem to be any more alternative fuels left to conquer.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »

the lawsuit was made public months ago

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

meh, the show was good, but then vinnie left, others left, new store/shop, big business, = fail

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:47:18 AM »

I wonder how Thanksgiving is in that family.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »

I wonder how Thanksgiving is in that family.

Probably about like mine, inlaws and outlaws.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:07:09 AM »

the lawsuit is over stock options....with the show being canceled, the stocks will drop, and the suit may end up being for $0.35....The family owned steel company went bankrupt last year....Maybe some more mature management of funds is in order

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »

Oh well, wasn't that great of a show anyhow.

kosai03
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »

Use the 300 tire Paul Sr.-NOOOOOOOOOO!
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »

the lawsuit is over stock options....with the show being canceled, the stocks will drop, and the suit may end up being for $0.35....The family owned steel company went bankrupt last year....Maybe some more mature management of funds is in order

it's not over stock options. Sr. is looking to buyout Jr.'s share while suing him for damages caused by him taking part in competitive buisness activities that damaged the company's image.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »

it's not over stock options. Sr. is looking to buyout Jr.'s share while suing him for damages caused by him taking part in competitive buisness activities that damaged the company's image.

read the rest about the suit, NOT just what TMZ reported

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »

Use the 300 tire Paul Sr.-NOOOOOOOOOO!

years ago, I had a famous CA frame and bike builder explain to me that the wide rear tire thing was a fad. . The explained that as the tire got wider, it flattened out the radius of the tire's cross section. This made the front and rear tires try to lean at different rates and angles, making handling heavy....In my youth I was quick to point out that he made a lot of them with wide tires....he responded that so long as people kept buying them, he would keep selling them. Then he pointed out his own daily ridden bike.......I was compelled to shut up and listen at that point ;Wink

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »

read the rest about the suit, NOT just what TMZ reported

i didn't get that from TMZ. i got that info from The Kneeslider and many other sources, which I bet is where TMZ got their info.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »

the custom harley forums were slammed with info on the lawsuit back in December....there is a lot more to it than what you posted

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 01:52:19 PM »

I stopped watching it years ago.
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »

there were a few examples of some absolutely fabulous metal fabrication work. I had to appreciate that.....as the show started growing, and the bikes became just an assembly line of premanufactured parts, with custom tanks, fenders, bars and pipes, I lost interest. it was no longer about making something truly unique as it was about making a TV show....Until I saw all the stuff about the lawsuit, I did not realize it was still on.......

And just something funny about that family....when the cameras are off, and that family is at a bike run....They ride stock harley davidson cruisers. JR has an ultra classic, and SR has a road glide with ape hangers (probably dealer installed)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: