theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 10:55:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Americas most overvalued cities  (Read 1306 times)
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »

I love these kinds of reports.

Where are you on this list?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/real_estate/most_overvalued_metro_areas/index.htm?postversion=2010012707

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

My sister used to live in Wenatchee. My flyspeck of a town didn't make the list, lol.
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

Vancouver is the most expensive city in the world, Victoria is #2.

fml.  Sad
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »

Vancouver is the most expensive city in the world, Victoria is #2.

fml. How am I even supposed to get a start here.
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »

Now that isnt the way an entrepanuer should think.

Find someway to capitilize on that expensive area.

Fox
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »

lol@ Syncros

"The bottom line, at least for a few years, is that the average buyer should forget about home purchases as investments. The good news is that, long-term, their home values should appreciate."

Man, my College Professor said something like this, before the majority and media started even talking about the housing market. Smart guy.

And since when was a home purchase an investment 
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »

lol@ Syncros

"The bottom line, at least for a few years, is that the average buyer should forget about home purchases as investments. The good news is that, long-term, their home values should appreciate."

Man, my College Professor said something like this, before the majority and media started even talking about the housing market. Smart guy.

And since when was a home purchase an investment 

Well, mine is.

Back in 1999, the wife and I were looking to get a house with more that the traditional 1/4 acre postage stamp of land. I found my place here in the burbs, and it offered 5 acres. You california boys stay away. This is five acres of land 40 minutes from downtown chicago. you CANNOT find that for less than a million. I paid $242k for this place. The house was liveable, but, needed serious renovation. A COMPLETE brick house, just abused over the last 30 years. We renovated and improved and added 3500 square ft of living space bringing me to 5000+ square feet.

Now, when we sell this place, we expect well over a million. Then its ta-ta US of A and I move south of the equator.

Details to come in the next five to ten years, stay tuned.

Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »

Yeap, Im off to Australia in September too see what that's all about, applying for a 12 month Working Holiday Visa, Before I leave im going to take a Bartending course and get my Serving it Right certificate, I predict fun.
Canada is where I want to be, especially here on this Island but, I havn't figured out what exactly I want, and im single and free again so I just want to get away from it and see if I can find where I belong, its most likely right here but who knows.   

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »

Los Angeles, CA   +54%

I don't live in LA though, about 10-12 miles East of LA.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: