theautolounge.net
January 23, 2018, 05:31:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Formula 1 Thread  (Read 7556 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:18 AM »

Koba is going to be awesome. it would be awesome to see him win his country's first ever win and championship.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 08:48:54 AM »

NEVER!

That title will belong to Sato driving for USF1! (I hope)

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »

Virgin Racing unveils VR-01
Source: AutoBlog
If you were one of the thousands of fans who surfed over to Virgin Racing's website the other day expecting to watch the live reveal of the team's very first Formula One car, you were likely disappointed. Technical glitches prevented the webcast from going live on schedule, but we'll chalk the silicon snafu up to opening night jitters. That's understandable, though, because Virgin Racing is one of several new teams that started from scratch this year to join the F1 grid.

After flirting with Brawn GP sponsorship last season, Richard Branson's Virgin group took over the start-up team previously known as Manor Motorsport. Powered by Cosworth, former Toyota F1 driver Timo Glock will team up with rookie Lucas di Grassi, who finished behind Glock in the 2007 GP2 Series.

Webcast aside, the Virgin VR-01 is a technological achievement in its own right. It's the first F1 car designed entirely on computer – using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) processors – with no models built for wind tunnel aerodynamic testing. The striking car – in red and black with a tribal-style tattoo design – is heading to Silverstone for its first shakedown before joining the next group test at Jerez. Hopefully the webcast will be their only glitch in taking on the established teams (and the other newcomers) in what's shaping up to be the most exciting F1 season in decades.

so if this is powered by Cosworth, then did Marussia develop the chassis? that's the only reason their name would be on the car. pretty big feat for a small manufacturer.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:39 AM »

...or the fact that they are just advertising their company. Just because Marlboro is on Ferrari doesn't mean they developed the car.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »

ok, but Malboro isn't a car manufacturer. show me in F1's past where the car had a manufacturer on it that DIDN'T develop the car.

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »

Tata with the Williams car.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »

Force India

mexMan

why not?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »

Spectacular nose structure on this car!
Indeed it is.

I saw some pictures of the Lotus, and, don't know, it looks like it's missing some development, and I don't think it's a good idea to use the same engine in more than one team, but, their call. Lotus should use something like their old classic Lotus 72 John Player Special black/gold livery. And another engine different than USF1, William, Virgin and Campos.
So far...

so good?

''We're 500 miles from Chicago, it's dark outside, we have half pack of cigarrettes, dark sunglasses and full tank of gas''

''Hit it.''
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 01:21:28 AM »

the use of the Cossie powerplant is what the future of F1 is going to be like. IIRC, they said in 1 or 2 year's time, everybody will be using the same Cossie powerplant to cut down on costs.

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »

I can't imagine teams like Mercedes and Ferrari would be happy about that. F1 is pretty much Ferraris reason for being why would they use someone elses motor?
mexMan

why not?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »

Because they're so awesome they build better engines than Ferrari :p Fact.

''We're 500 miles from Chicago, it's dark outside, we have half pack of cigarrettes, dark sunglasses and full tank of gas''

''Hit it.''
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »

Lotus T127

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:54:45 AM by Elmo187 » Logged

MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »

...Lotus should use something like their old classic Lotus 72 John Player Special black/gold livery...

Lots of red tape to cut through with that. JP&S isnt sponsoring the car from what i can gather, so promoting them would be to no benefit of Lotus even if it were to make a more visually appealing car. I think the green and yeller paint job is good and fine, but i think it could be improved a lot. 

MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »

ok, but Malboro isn't a car manufacturer. show me in F1's past where the car had a manufacturer on it that DIDN'T develop the car.

not quite F1, but along the same lines is Penske's pc-23 car with "detroit diesel" right under the Mobil1 livery lol

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

yes, and the hauler that hauled that car around most likely had a Detroit Diesel powering it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: