theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:28:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Formula 1 Thread  (Read 7542 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:54:30 AM »

alright, since we had one of these over at SCF, i decided to make another one since we're 2 months away from Bahrain.

to start it off, i will show you info and pictures of Ferrari's F10. which, by the way, is the very first of many unveilings to come.

Source: Formula1.com
Ferrari have become the first team to officially launch their 2010 car after unveiling the F10 on Thursday. The machine will be driven by Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, as they attempt to return the Italian squad to title contention following a difficult 2009 season, which saw the team score just one victory.

Team principal Stefano Domenicali kicked off the event’s proceeding, introducing Alonso and Massa to the assembled guests before finally revealing the car.

The F10 is the 56th single-seater produced by Ferrari to contest the world championship and, weather permitting, will make its track debut on Friday at the team's Fiorano circuit, with Massa behind the wheel. The Brazilian, who missed the last few 2009 races after being seriously injured in an accident, was thrilled to be back.

"It is undoubtedly a great pleasure to be here to present another Ferrari,” he said. “It is a special moment because last year was very difficult. I really feel that I want to work more than ever, so I really hope that this will be a very competitive car and that we will be fighting for the championship and that our red car, our Ferrari, will always be in pole position. We are really willing to do this and I am very happy to be here."

Following Kimi Raikkonen’s departure, Massa’s new team mate for 2010 is former Renault driver Alonso. The two-time world champion was in a fighting mood at the launch event, as he predicted the F10 could be the car to reclaim his - and Ferrari’s - title-winning ways.

"This is my first presentation with Ferrari, and it means a lot to me,” said the Spaniard. “I’d like to thank the whole team because I know they have worked really hard over the last few months to create this dream, this new car. We are ready to take on this challenge. Felipe and I will be a very strong team and we hope that we will make all the Ferrari supporters around the world very proud to see this car winning the championship."

The team’s engineering team, including technical director Aldo Costa, engine boss Luca Marmorini and designer Nikolas Tombazis, as well as Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemelo were also in attendance at the Maranello launch.

“This car is the result of a very intense programme of work which started in the spring of 2009,” said Costa. “This activity became more intense during the summer following our strategic choice to leave the development of the F60 and focus on the development of this car. It contains all the passion and all the determination of a very confident group. We want to forget what happened last year and be competitive from the very first race.”

is it me or are these cars getting skinnier?

i can't wait to see the new Lotuses, Brawn-Mercedes', and Mclaren Mercedes' new cars and paint schemes, especially Shumie's car.

both teams are going to be forces to be reckoned with. you have Nico with Mclaren, who has the potential to become a champion and you have his team mate, Shumie. Brawn-Mercedes has 2 1-time champions, and possibly the greatest British F1 drivers.

oh and there's the non-American USF1 team. by non-American, i mean that one of the founders of the team is British and their only driver is an Argentinian. yes, i know, i know....there's not really an American driver that could be better. they've talked to both Kyle Busch and Danica Patrick. Kyle couldn't do it because he had just resigned with Gibbs for another 6-years. Danica was the same way. she had just renewed her contract with what is now called Andretti Autosport and she signed with JR Motorsports for the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »

Here is the new McLaren MP4-25.

Elmo, the cars seem to look skinnier because they got longer while retaining the same width. Its an illusion, but they haven't actually gotten smaller widths.

kosai03
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »

That Mercedes wins at looking awesome, makes the Ferrari look tame 
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »

The new Renault R30 (Vitaly Petrov is other driver)

The new Sauber C29

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »

nice, even though Renault cheats, they definitely know how to make beautiful cars. the paint scheme seems to be that of the classic Renaults from the 80s. i'm surprised to not see Elf not sponsoring the car.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »

They technically are sponsoring them, just not on a large scale. In fact Renault really doesn't have a title sponsor. Heck, so far it looks like Minardi..err Sauber has none!

Elf logo on the Renault:

nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 03:51:22 AM »

That Mercedes wins at looking awesome, makes the Ferrari look tame 

thats a McLaren powered by Mercedes...

the officel Team Mercedes is this car...

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:53:04 AM »

Lotus, USF1, Williams, and Virgin are left. Virgin is unveiling their car this week. the rest is unsure.

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 08:33:16 AM »

Lotus, USF1, Williams, and Virgin are left. Virgin is unveiling their car this week. the rest is unsure.

Don't forget about Force India, Campos, and Red Bull!

thats a McLaren powered by Mercedes...

the officel Team Mercedes is this car...

Not to be a poo head, but that was just the new livery on the old car. The actual car is this:

STR have revealed their car as well:

Spectacular nose structure on this car!

Here is the new Williams:

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 05:28:48 PM »

i forgot about Force India and Toro Rosso. does Toro Rosso still use Ferrari engines?

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »

Yep, Ferrari engines for Toro and Renault power plants for the regular Red Bull team.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »

so i'm guessing the FIA put down a rule for those aerodynamic wheelcovers. either that or teams just didn't like them.

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 12:10:03 AM »

You got it, its a part of the 2010 rule regulations. I absolutely love that they banned them, really made the wheels look ugly. I like the exposed rim much better.

When the covers first came out it was cool, but it grew old fast!

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Was Kobayashi the guy that was driving the Toyotas like a kamakazi pilot last year? I noticed his name on the Sauber, it would be fun to see what he'd do in a better car this year.
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »

Yeah, its the same guy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: