theautolounge.net
January 20, 2018, 07:01:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAIAS 2009  (Read 1195 times)
Cornelius Van

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »

NOTE: I copied and pasted this directly from another forum, so, the intro contains some stuff specific to that community.

NOTE2: The Canadian regional forums are officially active! Awesome!

Hello, and welcome to Cornelius Van's coverage of the 2009 Canadian International Auto Show, hosted in Toronto!

Um...

So, my camera's battery did this cool trick, where it actually escaped from it's little compartment in my camera, and ran away while I was sleeping - this must have happened a while ago, as a delightful family of spiders had moved into it's old spot.

SO

I ended up having to use the camera on my phone to do the whole show. Don't worry, this isn't gonna be a giant thread of small, grainy crap pics, because (in case you've been in a cave on Mars and somehow managed to completely miss all of my bragging about my awesome phone) my phone has a 5MP camera with decent lens.

It's not as perfect as a proper camera lens, but it works fine for the most part. Some pics came out looking weird because the bright fluorescent lights tricked the camera's auto lighting settings, and I am by no means a good photographer. Also, if the plastic lens cover gets even the slightest smudge on it, it really compromises the quality, and this is very easy to do on the phone - it's one of my few complaints about it.

But, most of the pictures came out fine, and I'm supremely impressed the battery was able to survive the whole day.

God what an awesome phone.

ANYWAY, on to the pics!

Photobucket rules.

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:00:19 AM »

Awesome dude. Thats a ton of pictures, and your phone did a great job of taking them. Thanks for sharing.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
coolvw52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »

Very beautiful pics, thanks for sharing Wink.

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »

Wow thats a shit tonne of pics buddy. I love the older cars best. Wasnt there any older euro cars though?

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »

Wow thats a shit tonne of pics buddy. I love the older cars best. Wasnt there any older euro cars though?

I was hoping for some older Euros as well. I saw an old Opel in my Performance VW mag that they photo'ed at a German car event, WOW. That's all I could say, it was awesome.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: